How to Complain of stolen/snatched or misplaced mobile phone in Pakistan
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has given Guidelines For Reporting and Blocking of Snatched. Stolen or Misplaced Cell Phone in Pakistan. Cell phones have become an essential part of life and many persons have stolen and snatched in Pakistan. if any person misplaces their handsets anywhere then they locate it and file a complaint. 1st of all block his/her sim then there is a need for reporting and blocking the snatched, lost or stolen cell phone on Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA)helpline Numbers or official website www.pta.gov.pk
How to Report stolen/snatched or misplaced mobile phone-in Pakistan
First of all Call on PTA Helpline Number 0800 25625 for Complain in Pakistan
2nd option is to send Email PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Method is Visit PTA Headquarters office or nearest PTA Zonal office
The complainant can also contact Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) helplines: 1102, 021-35662222 & 021-35682222 for lodging complaint of snatched/stolen/ lost the mobile phone.
All IMEIs–of Stolen/lost Mobile Phone
- Tell your Mobile number (used In stolen/lost phone) to the representer
- Mobile Phone Brand/model/color and Date of the incident when it occurs
- Provide your Name and CNIC number accurately
- Brief your Father’s name/Mother’s name and give complete Address
- Form Response any time tell them your Contact number
You can also complain on the Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC)
CPLC helpline numbers are 1102. 021-35662222 & 021-35682222.
How to Check Status of Mobile Phone in Pakistan?
You can check the status of blocking after 16 working hours of reporting in the following ways:
You can SMS on 8484 with write message Sendl5-digit IMEI
The applicant should visit official Website: https://www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
Citizen of Pakistan Check status on Android App via the android application (DVS)
Once blocked, the following status shall be displayed against the stolen IMEI search:
“Your mobile device IMEI 0) is blocked(ReportedStolen/Lost/Misusedto PTA)”
- PTA’s mandate is only limited to blocking of the Mobile phone, in order to trace/track the stolen phone, local police may be approached.
- False reporting Is a criminal offense and will be dealt with as per law.
- IMEI of a mobile device can be found by dialing ‘*061. tt can also be checked In tho “settings” of the mobile devices. IMEI Is also primed on the device box