Punjab Higher Education Commission Foreign Ph.D. scholarships 2020
The Punjab Higher Education Commission, Government of Punjab invites applications from eligible public sector college teachers in Punjab for the award of Foreign Ph.D. scholarships (initially for 3 years) in QS Top Ranking 500 universities of 2016. A limited number of Foreign Ph.D. Scholarships are available in Humanities, Social Sciences and Management Sciences this year. The scholarships are meant to support faculty to improve their research and teaching skills.
- Must be a Pakistani citizen with domicile from any district of Punjab.
- Max Age on application deadline i.e. March 17, 2020, is 45 years.
- Must be a full time regular and permanent faculty member of Public Sector College of Punjab with a minimum of 2 years, experience as regular/permanent faculty.
- Must have a valid offer/admission letter from a foreign university among QS top ranking 500. The admission must be in a direct Ph.D. program commencing from Fall 2020.
- Must have completed 18 years of education (MS/M. Phil) with minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the semester system and no 3rd division in an entire academic career.
- Dual nationals.
- Candidates who are already availing any other scholarship.
- Candidates who are not full time regular and permanent employees in public sector college.
- Candidates who have not completed 02 years tenure as regular/permanent faculty.
- Applications submitted by hand will not be accepted.
Advertisement of Punjab Higher Education Commission Foreign Ph.D. scholarships 2020:
Advertisement of Punjab Higher Education Commission Foreign Ph.D. scholarships 2020 is Published on 26th January 2020 in Daily Jang Newspapers.
The fully-funded scholarship will cover university tuition fees, return air-fare, a living stipend, cost of books, research allowance, and health insurance. This cost may vary from country, university, and discipline wise. The tuition fee is provided up to the limit of US$ 79,440.
How to apply.
Following application form complete in all respects should reach the Director HRD, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore on or before the deadline i.e. March 10, 2017. The complete application package includes the following:
- Application Form along with the statement of purpose and research proposal (Click here)
- Valid offer/admission letter from a foreign university among QS top ranking 500 in the direct Ph.D. program
- Attested copies of educational certificates/transcripts/degrees from issuing board/university or HEC
- Appointment/regularization letter as regular permanent faculty in public sector college
- Photocopy of domicile
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Foreign Supervisor Profile
- IELTS/TOEFL/GRE etc score (if applicable)
- NOC from the relevant government department
Note: – All the above documents should be in the same order as mentioned above and stapled.
Incomplete applications or applications with missing documents will be rejected.
By hand, applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must apply through proper channel.
- The eligible faculty of public sector college of Punjab who have secured admission in the top ranking universities (QS Ranking List 2020) may apply for the Foreign PhD Scholarships.
- The applicants must have direct admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All applications will be processed by PHEC and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- The successful applicants will be issued a provisional award letter for the foreign Ph.D. scholarship.
- Final award letter will be subject to provisioning of legal documents or meeting any other conditions laid down in the provisional award letter.
Terms & Conditions:
Following are the terms & conditions of the award of scholarship and the acceptance of the award is an acknowledgment of these obligations:
- The applicant must have secured admission in his/her relevant field of studies.
- An awardee will not change the course of study specified in the letter of award without obtaining prior approval of the Chairperson, Punjab Higher Education Commission, Govt. of the Punjab.
iii. An awardee is not to hold any other scholarship/stipend during this scholarship period of his/her study.
- Change of university/institute at any stage of study is not encouraged but due to unavoidable circumstances will only be admissible giving logical justification for prior approval of the Punjab Higher Education Commission.
- An awardee would obtain leave from his employer to join the institution of his study on full-time basis.
- An awardee shall sign an agreement with the Punjab Higher Education Commission (PHEC) on non-judicial (Stamp) paper to the effect that in case the awardee fails to complete his / her study, he/ she will refund to the PHEC the total amount spent on his/ her studies by the PHEC. The format of the agreement will be provided to the selected candidates
vii. In addition, a personal guarantee of a person of means on non-judicial (Stamp) paper to the effect of ensuring the recovery in case of default would need to be furnished. Specimen will be provided to the selected candidates.
viii. An awardee is required to execute a bond with the Punjab Higher Education Commission to serve his parent department for 5 years subsequent to the award of the Degree. Specimen will be provided to the selected candidates.
- An awardee has to provide the declaration of assets by the guarantor. The specimen will be provided to the selected candidates.
- Every document i.e. Deed of Agreement, Guarantee to PHEC, Surety Bond and Declaration of Assets must be properly notarized, that means the document must be registered by the Notary Public maintained by him as notary register and the signatures of the executants must be obtained on the register and the number of the registration must be mentioned along with the notarial stamp.
- The Punjab Higher Education Commission would monitor the academic progress/performance of the awardee and the financial utilization on a six-monthly basis.
For any further information about the program please contact: Director/Program Manager Human Resource Development Punjab Higher Education Commission 10th Floor, Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore Phone number: 042-99262209