A ban was imposed on all smog-causing activities across the province. Smog has been declared a disaster under Section 03 of the Punjab National Climats Act, 1958. Special teams will be formed to control smog.
PDMA Smong Control Room Helpline Numbers
A room has been set up in PDMA to prevent smog in Punjab. Control Room Number 042-99232278, WhatsApp number 0335-92322227.
- Industries emitting black smoke will be closed.
- Steps should be taken to reduce traffic smoke.
- Deputy Commissioners take all necessary measures to control smog
- Burning of crop residues will be completely banned
- Strict action will be taken against crop burning and DC will be held personally responsible for violation.
- Strict action will be taken against polluting vehicles and industries.
- The kilns operating without zigzag technology will be fined from Rs.50,000 to Rs.100,000
- Industrial units operating without smoke control devices will also be fined Rs.50,000 to Rs.1 lakh.
- Strict action will also be taken against those who burn tyres, rubber, plastic and garbage.
- Strict action will also be taken against encroachments and wrong parking.
- Smog Advisory will be issued by concerned departments.