Hazarat Umar R.A was a great fighter, reformer and recognized for his will power, Justice and affiliation for poor. He was the second Caliph and he include more than 2 million Square kilometers area in Islamic Kingdom.
Hazrat umer (RA) lead a very simple life and He is reported to have said that even if a dog in died during my khilafat, i am accountable for it.
During his tenure the whole of the Persian Empire, Syria, Palestine, Egypt and a part of Turkey came under the banner of Islam.
Hazrat Umar (RA) was one of the leading personalities of Islam in the early days. He was a very religious & strict Muslim who not only truthfully believed in the teachings of Quran & Sunnah but was very strict in its implementation starting from his own self and family.
Hazrat Umar Farooq (R.A) is the most respectful personality in Muslim Ummah after Abu Bakr (R.A). He is also one of the Companions (R.A) of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w), who was given the reward of Heaven in the world by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). He was born in the tribe of “Adi”, a branch of Quresh, 40 years before migration of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w), from Makkah to Madinah and 13 years after the incident of Aam-ul-Feel in 582 C.E. His name was “Abu Hafs”, a patronymic name of old traditions. He was the strongest and brave one in all the Makkah. No body in Makkah existed in His youth who could dare to fight with Him. But after embracing Islam He was the most fair and just in ever. On 6th year of Prophet Hood by Muhammad (s.a.w.w), he embraced Islam. His embracing Islam is the most popular story of the Islamic history. He was the one who took Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) and a small group of Muslims in Kaaba to offer Namaz for the first time in history. The wordings to Kuffars were: “If anyone wants to make his children Orphan and wife as a widow, do stop us!” The same words were heard by the Kuffars again at the time of migration of Muslims to Madinah. Hazrat Umar Farooq (R.A) earned the title of “Al-Farooq” (the one who makes the clear difference between Right and Wrong) from the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). He participated in all the battles of Islam with Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w). History notes that He donated his half of the property when being asked for by Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) in the way of ALLAH. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w) noted and said many times that it looks, Umar speaks and Quran is bestowed upon. Few examples of ALLAH’s rule are; Hijab, offering 2 prayers as “Nafal” at “Baab-e-Ibrahim” in Kaaba, solution for the prisoners of Badr, not to offer Duua on “Munafiq” grave etc…. Hazrat Umar Farooq (r.a) passed his great Caliphate of approximately 10 years after the death of Hazrat Abu Bakr (R.A). His Caliphate is the most popular and memorable Caliphate according to fair and just amongst all others. A Jew named “Abu-Lolou-Feroz” inserted a dagger in His back, while He was offering the Fajr prayers to Muslims in the position of prostrating (Sajdah). Jews kept the name of a stone in name of their partner who martyred Hazrat Umar Farooq (R.A) as “Feroza” (a sky blue like stone usually been wore in the form of a ring in finger. Hazrat Umar Farooq (r.a) breathed his last on 26th Dhul-Hajj, 23 Hijri. He is buried next to the side of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w).
Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.w):
1. I see that devil either from humans or jinn, runs away from Umar. (Tirimzi)
2. I saw in a dream that I was given a bowl of milk which I drunk and remaining I gave it to Umar. (Tirimzi)
3. No doubt, ALLAH has issue truth, on the tongue and in the heart of Umar. (Tirimzi)
4. I saw a dream that I am in the Heaven, there I saw Rameesa (my quilt aunt) and I heard someone’s footstep, I asked: who is this? I was answered: it is Bilal and I saw a palace with a handmaid standing in front of it, I asked: whose palace is this? She said: Umar bin Khattab’s. I wished to see it from inside but, Oh Umar! I divided my attention from your shame. Hazrat Umar (R.A) said: My father and mother are sacrificed upon you, should I ponder from your saying? (Bukhari)
5. If some else Prophet should have been proposed by ALLAH after me, would have been Umar bin Khattab. (Tirimzi)