Punjab Sehat Sahulat card Program eligibility and online registration
Lahore: The Punjab government has taken a decision to Start Sehat Sahulat Programme across Punjab. The government of Punjab has also taken its firm stand to implement Sehat Sahulat Program in its all districts.
Amir Mehmood Kiani, Minister for National Health Services, said all districts of Punjab will benefit from the new health scheme. “This is a big facility for all the needy persons,” said the minister. It is decided that seven million families would be given benefits from the government’s health program and all the families rich or poor will benefit from me.
sehat sahulat card registration Punjab:
approximately seven million families and 350 million people would benefit from Sehat Insaf Cards. Around 30 percent population of the province will be provided health cover, while 22 percent population of Faisalabad and 23 percent population of Chiniot will get free treatment facilities through this program, he added. He said that disfranchised segments of society deserved special attention from the government, which was responsible for providing the best treatment facilities to them. The government has launched the Sehat Insaf Card program through the Sehat Sahulat program in the province. The government will complete the distribution of cards across the province by the end of December. By that time, 7.2 million ‘Sehat Sahulat Cards’ will be provided to 35 million individuals of Punjab.
The program is benefiting more than 24 million individuals in Rawalpindi, Toba Tek Singh, Kasur, Faisalabad, Chiniot, Jhang, Attock, Nankana Sahib, Multan, Muzaffargarh, Dera Ghazi Khan, Rajanpur, Layyah, Bhakkar, Khushab, Vehari, Hafizabad, Mianwali, Lodhran, Bahawalnagar, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, Narowal, Khanewal and Rahim Yar Khan districts. The rest of the province will be covered under the program soon.
The government of Punjab will provide “Sehat Insaf Cards” to around six million families of the province who are living below the poverty line. The indoor health care services which are available from Sehat Insaf Card included open-heart surgeries, insertion of stents, management of cancer, neuro-surgical procedures,
burn management, accident management, dialysis, intensive care management, deliveries, C-section and other medical and surgical procedures.
The program will also provide Rs 1,000 transportation costs to its beneficiaries at the time of their discharge from the hospital beside a provision of burial support of Rs 10,000 per death (if occurs in hospital).
There is the facility of Inter-Provincial and Inter-District Portability for availing free of cost services from any empaneled hospital across the country.
He termed the Sehat Insaf Card initiative by the government as ‘revolutionary’. None of the governments in the past initiated such a big health package for the masses, he claimed.
Prime Minister Imran Khan inaugurated the first stage of the nationwide Sehat Insaf Card scheme to provide free medication to some 80 million people.
The salient features of the Program for Punjab are as follows:
- Beneficiaries are provided with a health insurance card
- The program provides two distinct packages:
- Secondary care coverage for hospitalization up to Rs. 60,000 per family per year
- Coverage for 8 priority diseases up to 300,000 per family per year
- The provision of services to the beneficiaries is executed through an insurance company.
- All hospitalizations will be covered except for the exclusions agreed with the Insurance Company
- After enrolment in the scheme, the beneficiary will be eligible to go to any empaneled hospital across the country
- No capping on family size
- Pre-existing diseases are covered
- Coverage on a yearly basis to all age groups
- Both public and private healthcare facilities provisionally licensed by Punjab Healthcare Commission are entitled to empanelment in the scheme
- Inter-district portability is also available
- One day pre and Five days post-hospitalization expenses including the medicine are covered
- Transportation cost equal to Rs. 1000/- per trip for 3 trips/ year is also provided.
Underprivileged segments of the population in all districts of Punjab will soon enjoy quality healthcare services without any financial barriers as the program is set to expand to the whole of Punjab soon.