MULTAN ELECTRIC POWER COMPANY (MEPCO) JOB 2022
MEPCO is one of the biggest Distribution Companies of Electricity in the Public Sector serving more than Seven million consumers having 15000+ employees with annual revenue of more than Rs. 200 Billion and consisting of an operational area covering 13 districts of Punjab.
The Charter of MEPCO is to provide a reliable and safe electric power supply to its consumers in its jurisdiction. The services of dynamic and high caliber professional candidates from all over Pakistan for the post of “Jr. Engineers / SDOs” on lump-sum salary/pay equivalent to BPS-17 (Non-Pensionable Post) for 01 x year’ contract basis extendable on satisfactory performance are required on the following Terms & Conditions.
Online applications will be preferred on the link i.e. www.pitc.com.pk/mepco-jobs on or before 28.02.2022.
Applicants are advised to read the following instructions carefully before filling the relevant prescribed application form available on IUB Testing Services job portal for MEPCO www.mepco.iub.edu.pk.
INSTRUCTIONS & GENERAL CONDITIONS
General age relaxation has already been included in the age limit mentioned in above. No further age relaxation is allowed in the prescribed age limit except candidates belonging to scheduled castes, Buddhists, FATA / GB and AJK are allowed 3 x years’ and age will be counted from the closing date fix for receipt of applications.
Government Servants / WAPDA / DISCOs / GENCOs employees who have completed 02 years continuous Government / WAPDA / DISCOs / GENCOs service on the closing date alongwith attested copies of all mentioned documents with one recent photograph via registered mail, Pakistan post/courier service on the address: Director of IT Office Abbasia Campus, The Islamia University of Bahawalpur. before closing date of application, shall be allowed 10 years’age relaxation.
All quotas (where applicable) will be observed as per Government of Pakistan policy. Candidates who don’t have PEC Registration on closing date are not eligible to apply. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear in Written Test and shortlisted candidates falling within merit as per Policy of the Company, will be called for Interview.
Candidates will be recruited / appointed on lump sum pay package initially for a period of one (01) year extendable on satisfactory performance and their services will not be regularized in future at any stage.
Recruitment will be carried out through testing services of The Islamia University Bahawalpur (IUB) for the sake of transparency and fair play. Computer knowledge (including MS Office, Windows, Internet & E-mail etc.) is mandatory. Serving candidates who are in Government Service, are advised to provide departmental No Objection Certificate (NOC) clearly mentioning the date of appointment and nature of employment i.e. Regular, Contract etc. at the time of interview.
Candidates, if selected, will be required to perform duties within the jurisdiction of MEPCO. No TA/DA will be admissible to candidates for Test or Interview. Candidates awaiting their result are not eligible to apply. Incomplete applications or applications containing incorrect information or received on job portal after due date shall not be entertained.
Original documents along with one set of attested photocopies / photograph must be presented by the candidate at the time of interview/joining of service. Candidates may contact IUB Testing Services for any query/enquiry regarding written test, Roll No. slips, test centers, results etc. Concealment or misrepresentation of facts at any stage will lead to disqualification of a candidate from the current recruitment and from all types of tests/exams to be conducted by the MEPCO for recruitments in future.
Last date for apply on portal for the post of “Jr. Engineers / SDOs”is 28.02.2022. MEPCO reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of posts and also to cancel the whole recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason. Mobile phone & calculator will not be allowed in test center premises. Dismissed / screened out employee of any organization or having criminal record is not eligible for employment in MEPCO. The candidate is required to submit a declaration on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/- to above extent at the time of interview.
HOW TO APPLY
1) Applicants must apply online directly on the IUB website www.mepco.iub.edu.pk) and upload the scanned copies of academic
certificates / degrees, CNIC, Domicile, PEC registration certificate and paid challan fees etc. on the portal and also submit hard copy of online application.
2) Neither by hand applications will be received at MEPCO H/Q nor at The Islamia University Bahawalpur (IUB).
3) Test fee Rs. 250/- shall be paid in favor of the IUB through HBL Online Banking or HBL Mobile App, Konnect Mobile App or through any Konnect Agent. The candidate will make payment through unique computerized challan No. to pay test fee available on portal www,mepco.iub.edu.pk. Direct account transfer will not be entertained.
4) Roll Number Slip shall be uploaded on its website at least one week before the test date and candidates shall be informed by IUB.
5) Roll No. Slip containing the information regarding test center, date and timings shall be sent directly to candidates by The Islamia University Bahawalpur (IUB) at least one (01) week before the test on the given postal address & mobile number provided by the candidates.
6) The candidates are advised to contact IUB Testing Services on Ph. 062- 9255879 OR email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any query / information related to Written Test and final list of candidates, Roll number slips, Test centers, Results etc.
7) Please keep visiting IUB website regularly for test schedule, updates and results etc.
DIRECTOR GENERAL (HR & ADMN) MEPCO H/Q, Khanewal Road, Multan Ph. 061-9220380