The University of Karachi was established through the parliament as a Federal University in 1951. However, through another act of the parliament in 1962, its status was redefined as a university of the province of Sindh. On 23rd October 1950, the Karachi University Act was passed and after an amendment in 1951, it was enacted and Prof A. B. A Haleem was appointed as its first Vice-Chancellor. For the first two years, the University of Karachi remained as an examination University for the affiliated colleges. In the year 1953, it started its teaching and research activities at two Faculties of Arts and Science. Opened with an initial intake of 50 students, the university is now a sprawling structure of 53 Departments and 20 world-class and highly reputable Research Centers and Institutes, under eight faculties of Arts, Science, Islamic Studies, Pharmacy, Management, and Administrative Sciences, Law, Education, and Medicine. At present, the enrolment of regular students at the Campus is slightly over 41,000 (Approximately) as on 30/06/2018. There are over 700 teachers and more than 2100 supporting staff.
University of Karachi Admission Fee Schedule, Programs, Merit lists, entry test dates, and result
The University of Karachi is a premier institution of higher education and research with its 57 teaching departments and 17 research centers/institutes that caters to the needs of more than 41,000 students Applications are invited from the candidates interested in pursuing post-graduate degree programs at the University of Karachi.
FACULTY OF ARTS & SOCIAL SCIENCES:
Criminology, International Relations, Islamic History, Library & Information Science. Mass Communication. Persian. Philosophy. Psychology. Social Work. Sociology. Urdu.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE:
Agriculture & Agribusiness Management. Applied Chemistry & Chemical Technology, Applied Physics, Biochemistry. Biotechnology. Botany. Chemistry.Computer Science. Food Science & Technology. Genetics. Geology, Health Physical Education & Sports Sciences. Microbiology. Physics. Physiology. Zoology.
FACULTY OF MEDICINE:
M.D. & M.S. (Medical & Dental Sciences)
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCES:
Business Administration. Commerce. Public Administration
FACULTY OF LAW:
School of Law
FACULTY OF EDUCATION:
Education. Special Education, Teacher Education
FACULTY OF ISLAMIC STUDIES:
Islamic Learning. Quran & Sunnah, Usooluddin
The dates for submission of Registration of B A / B Com / B O I. and Improvement of Division (B A / B Com / B.Sc) will be accepted as per following schedule
- Change of subject will be allowed with the prescribed fee of Rs. 1000/-
- Change of faculty will be allowed with prescribed fee Rs.lSOO/-
- Form available on University of Karachi Website |www.uoLcdu.pk|
The forms will be received by the Registration Unit (External) counter No-3, silver jubilee Gate after online payment
- Date:-13-11-2019 TO 27-11.2019
- Original Fee:-Rv 3700/- + RvlOO – (Form charges).
Total of Rs. 3800/-
KU B.A/B.Com registration Schedule 2019
Karachi University today is the biggest university in the country. It comprises eight faculties with which all the colleges of the city are affiliated. B.S., M.S., M.Phil. and Ph.D. classes under five of these faculties Arts, Science, Pharmacy, Management and Administrative Science and Islamic Learning are conducted on the campus, while under the Faculties of Medicine, law, and Education it examines the students admitted to their affiliated colleges. Research programmers leading to M.Phil and Ph.D. Degree.
INSTITUTES / CENTERS:
Ph.D. Programs are also offered by the following
Research Institutes/Centers of the University of Karachi:
- Centre of Excellence for Women’s Studies (Women s Studies)
- Center for Plant Conservation
- Dr. A. Q. Khan Institute ol Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering (Biotechnology-KIBGE)
- Dr. M. Ajmal Khan Institue of Sustainable Halophyte Utilization
- Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular Medicine(Molecular Medicine)
- HEJ Research Institute of Chemistry (Chemistry-HEJ) (Pharmacology-HEJ)
- Institute of Environmental Studies
- Institute ol Marine Science
- Institute of Space & Planetary Astrophysics (ISPA)
- Marine Reference Collection & Resource Centre (MRCC)
- National Centre for Proteomics (Biochemistry-NCP)
- National Nematological Research Centre (Nematology)
For M.S. & M.D.:
M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. or equivalent qualification from a recognized University in addition to a one-year house job with valid PMDC Registration.
Degree holders of M.S./M.D./FCPS are eligible for admissions in PhD., in the relevant subject on the fulfillment of the completion of deficiency courses
prescribed by DRC of the concerned department. M.Pharm., M.Phil., M.B.A.(with four years B.B.A.) LL.M. (applicable only for Faculty of Law) or its
equivalent qualification in the relevant field from an HEC recognized university. Admission will be granted on the basis of test and interview to be conducted by the respective Departmental Research Committee in accordance with the instructions given in the Admission Prospectus-2019.
The following steps should be observed to apply lot Postgraduate (2nd Intake) Admissions – 2019
- The Admission Prospectus 2019, Entrance Test Form (ETF) and Fee Voucher can be downloaded from the Karachi University Website (www.uok.edu.pk) from December 02. to December 06. 2019
- Candidates are required to read the Prospectus carefully, fill Entrance Test Form and submit a processing fee of Rs.4500/- (not-refundable) in the banks (situated in the University of Karachi) through Fee Voucher
- Candidates are required to submit Entrance Test Form (duly filled) along with paid Fee Voucher in the respective departments latest
by Friday. December 06. 2019
- Candidates for Ph D. (Law) are required to submit Entrance Test Form (duly filled) along with paid Fee Voucher of the processing fee
of Rs.iO.qOO/- (non-refundable) in the School of Law. The University of Karachi, the latest by December 06. 2019
- Candidates for MS/MD are required to submit Entrance Test Form= (duly filled) along with paid Fee Voucher of Rs.10.000/- (non-refundable) m the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, situated at (Arts Lobby). The University of Karachi, the latest by December 06. 2019
The Karachi University Entrance Test 2019 is mandatory tor all the candidate’s List of eligible candidates for appearing m Karachi University Entrance Test will be displayed on the website on December 11.2019. Candidates eligible for Karachi University Entrance Test will be required to collect Admit Cards from December 12 to December 13. 2019 from the respective Departments / Centers / Institute.Candidates of MSAID eligible for Karachi University Entrance Test will be required to collect Admit card from December 12 ‘o December 13.2019
from the Office of the Dean Faculty of Medicine. University of Karachi
The Karachi University Entrance Test will be held on Sunday. December 15. 2019 at 10:00 am Candidates are required to report at 9:30 am at the respective Departments/Centres/institutes with Admit Card and Original CNIC. For further information/details. visit KU website (www ok edu.pk) A list of successful candidates will be announced on the University of Karachi website on December 18. 2019. After interview Final
Merit List will be displayed on the Karachi University Website on January 06. 2020. Degree holders of HEC-recognized Pakistani private/foreign institutions other then the University ol Karachi must submit an equivalence certificate of the degree obtained from the Office of Deputy Register.