KING EDWARD MEDICAL UNIVERSITY LAHORE OFFERING ADMISSION IN 2 YEARS M.PHIL
PROGRAMS. SESSION 2023-2025
ELIGIBILITY: The applicants must fulfill the following criteria before the last date of submission of application forms for admission. Basic Medical Qualification would be MBBS for subjects Sr. No. 1-10 / BSc Honor in Vision Sciences (relevant specialties) for subjects Sr. No. 11-13 / BSc in Physiotherapy/Doctor of Physiotherapy for subject Sr.No. 14. Certificate of one year’s House Job Experience from institutions recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (where applicable). 20th JCAT exam conducted by King Edward Medical University. This examination is conducted for admissions to postgraduate courses in all medical institutions across the province.
Two reference letters one from faculty member of the rank of Assistant Professor or above and one from the Head of the training institution.
- Valid certificate of permanent or provisional registration with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council / PMC (where applicable).
- The applicant must not be older than 58 years of age.
- According to the PM&DC/PMC Rules & Regulations, “Candidates will not be allowed to enroll in two training programs of university and CPSP of the same or different specialties at the same time
and to take examination of both institutions”.
All the candidates shall have to pass Graduate Assessment Test (GAT-C General) with minimum score 50% as per HEC criteria submit result card upto 29.04.2023, otherwise, their applications for admission will automatically stand cancelled and they shall not be allowed to appear before the Committee for interview. Moreover, no further relaxation will be given in any circumstance.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. Passing the interview is a compulsory component of admission.
- The candidates shall be required to present all their original academic credentials at the time of interview including certificate of completion of House Job issued by the Medical Superintendent 3nd good conduct certificate issued by the Head of Department/Head of Institution, otherwise, they shall not be eligible/allowed to appear for interview.
- The allocation of training slots in M.Phil is highly competitive. Only the candidates of top most merit shall be offered training position which would be limited to the available slots in the particular specialties.
- Paid seats shall be offered only to MBBS graduates Sr. No. (1-10) subject to the availability of funds. No paid seat will be offered to non MBBS other specialties.
- The candidate can apply in one specialty only.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Fee of Application Form is Rs. 1000/- (Non- refundable)
- Fee should be deposited in the Authorized Bank of KEMU or attach original Pay Order of worth Rs.1000/- in favor of the Vice Chancellor, King Edward Medical University, Lahore
- The admission form along with original fee receipt / pay order can be deposited / submitted from Wednesday, 22.03.2023 to Monday, 10.04.2023, during working hours, in the Office of the Assistant Registrar (Academics), Patiala Block, King Edward Medical University, Lahore.
- Provision of E-mail on application forms is essential. Non provision of E-mail address will result in non-communication and the candidate herself/himself would be responsible for any delay and loss.
- Application forms can be downloaded from www.kemu.edu.pk or obtained from the Office of the
Assistant Registrar (Academics), Patiala Block, KEMU, Nila Gumbad, Anarkali, Lahore.
- Please attach attested photocopies of Degrees and Transcripts of MBBS /BSc (VS) /BSc Physiotherapy, PM&DC/PMC Registration (where applicable), Domicile, I D. Card, Original Fee Deposit Receipt, Attempt Certificate, House Job Certificate & other relevant / supportive documents along with admission forms.
- Incomplete admission forms will not be entertained and admission forms without supportive information / documents as mentioned above would be rejected.
- Application forms sent by post / mail / courier will also be entertained if received in the Office of the Assistant Registrar (Academics), during working hours, within due date i.e. Monday, 10.04.2023.
- Application forms received after due date shall not be entertained.
- Interview of eligible candidates will be held on Wednesday, 10.05.2023.
- List of selected candidates will be displayed on KEMU website on Wednesday, 24.05.2023.
- The selected candidate must transferable deposit their two years fee Rs. 113000/- lumsum which will not be refundable according to the M.Phil Regulations 2015 of this University.
ADMISSION COMMITTEE / COMPETENT AUTHORITY CAN CHANGE THE DEPARTMENT WISE DISTRIBUTION OF SEATS.