The Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites applications from Pakistani/AJ&K nationals for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2021-22), launched by the Hungarian Government under Higher Education and Scientific Exchange Programme for Bachelors, One-Tier Master’s, Masters, and Ph.D. studies. All awards will be made on the basis of academic merit, quality of research proposals and potential of the applicants as well as the likely impact of their work on the development of Pakistan. The program is managed by HEC, Pakistan, and the Tempus Public Foundation, Hungary.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Must be between the age of 18-22 years for undergraduate programs, for which they are applying for admission and the age limit should not exceed 35 years for postgraduate Master’s (18 years) and Ph.D. programs on January 15, 2021. In the case of Ph.D. programs, for full-time employees of public sector Universities, Colleges, and R&D organizations the maximum age must be 40 years on January 15, 2020.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent for application in Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Program) and One-Tier Master’s degree.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years’ Bachelors’s/or equivalent Degree for application in Master’s (Postgraduate Program).
- The applicant must have completed 18 years Degree/or equivalent for application in the Ph.D. Program.
- The applicant must fill all the fields of the Hungary application form and HEC application form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates/Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC. Equivalence of the O & A level from IBCC is mandatory.
- It is the sole responsibility of candidates to make sure that all Technical/engineering /professional programs which they are applying, must be accredited by the respective Councils/Governing Bodies such as Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC) etc.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable.
- All applicants must submit a medical certificate of satisfactory health condition (issued not earlier than 15 November 2019, a written certificate from a physician to prove that the applicant does not have the following illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C or any other epidemic conditions)
- In case of final selection, applicants will have to submit a bond on legal paper to HEC that he/she will not change discipline after final award of scholarship, and immediately after completion of his/her degree, he/she will return back to Pakistan to serve the country for a period as prescribed by the HEC. In case of failure to do so, HEC reserves the right to recover from the candidate or his/her guarantor, a penalty amount as prescribed/decided by the HEC.
- Applicants must fulfill all other requirements set by the host Hungarian university/Tempus Public Foundation/Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- In the case of final selection, the candidate has to submit a bond agreement with HEC.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- Applications misrepresenting any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Hungarian and HEC website. Failure to submit online application forms on BOTH submitted websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2) will not be considered for further processing.
- Hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at the initial stage. However, applicants are required to keep a record of all the submitted documents along with printed copies of BOTH application forms (submitted online at HEC & Tempus Public Foundation).
- At a later stage of the selection process, applicants will be required to submit hard copies (including online application forms submitted at the HEC portal with deposit slip & Tempus Public Foundation portal) along with attested photocopies of all the original documents. Original medical certificate and police clearance certificate also need to be submitted.
Step (1) Tempus Public Foundation Online Application:
- All applications shall be submitted through the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation Hungary. After registration, the applicants are able to access the application surface and upload the required documents. Please note that no applications will be accepted without the online submission and after the deadline. After applying online, get printed copies for record.
Step (2) HEC Online Application:
- Apply online at the HEC website: https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/arl. After registering and filling in your profile, please select “Academic & Research Linkages” under the “Scholarship and Grant” menu in the left-hand side panel of the online portal. While submitting an application online at the HEC website, do attach a scan copy of the deposit slip of Rs. 300/- on account of HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, Sector H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
- All of the following documents are compulsory and need to be submitted online until January 15, 2020.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are available for Pakistani students fulfilling basic eligibility criteria in specified disciplines and other requirements of Hungarian universities under the following programs:
Bachelor Degree (after 12 years of education)
One-Tier Master’s Degree (after 12 years of education)
Master Degree (after 16 years of education)
Ph.D. Degree (after 18 years of education)
Click here to Download Specified Disciplines List
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS AND HOST INSTITUTIONS
Applicants are eligible to apply for those scholarship types and specified study fields as defined by HEC and that are also determined in the educational cooperation programs in effect between Hungary and the Sending Partner i.e. Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
INFORMATION ABOUT PROGRAMS AND FIELD OF STUDY
Please visit the following website for more information about all degree programs and fields of study. However, applicants are instructed to apply only against mentioned specific degree programs and in specified study fields/major subjects defined by HEC.