The Faculty Development Programme has been designed for capacity enhancement of selected universities. The purpose of the FDP is to encourage and reward existing faculty for developing their teaching skills in key areas of their expertise. It caters to enhance the education level and encourage the young non-PhD faculty members so that they can contribute in nation building with their technical and professional enhanced knowledge. The programme focuses on strengthening of university academic programmes through foreign qualified faculty and enhancing effectiveness of teaching and learning at Pakistan. It will also bring opportunities to develop research projects and simultaneously build capacity in the education system of both the partner countries.HEC FDP OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PUBLIC SECTOR UNIVERSITIES
The program provides an opportunity of learning abroad for research and development as non-PhD faculty members of selected universities to pursue their PhD degree abroad. The Programme offers PhD scholarships in specific disciplines for each participating university.
Applications are invited for award of MS/PhD scholarships for following public sector universities:
- Pakistani / AJK nationals
- Must have Bachelors/Masters (16 years) for MS scholarship and MS/ M.Phil in relevant field for Ph.D scholarship.
- Must have first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 or 75% marks in the final degree for PhD Scholarships.
- Must have 60% marks or CGPA 2.50 out of 4.0 in the final degree for MS Scholarships.
- Maximum two second divisions and no third division throughout academic career.
- Maximum age on closing date for MS scholarship:
- 35 years for full time faculty members of University;
- 30 years for all others.
- Maximum age on closing date for PhD scholarship:
- 40 years for full time faculty members of University;
- 35 years for all others.
- Must have obtained requisite qualification on or before closing date i.e 5th March 2019.
- Those who are availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants are required to submit online Application via https://eportal.hec.gov.pk/ofdp
- Original online deposit slip OR ATM transfer slip of Rs 500/- (non–refundable) as application processing fee in favour of DG Finance, HEC must be uploaded on HEC e-portal. Fee can be deposited in Account Number 1742-79001334-01, Habib Bank Ltd through any bank.
- “Please note that ONLY Submitted Applications will be processed further. Saved applications do not complete online application process hence will not be considered”
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Note: Faculty Development Program (Overseas Scholarship) has been announced on 3rdFebruary 2019. Please carefully read following terms & conditions before submitting application.
- The scholarships will be awarded in specific subject areas for each participating university. The institution wise list of subjects and detail of MS & PhD scholarships is available on HEC website https://hec.gov.pk/site/fdpos.
- A candidate may choose maximum of three participating Universities provided the scholarship is being offered by multiple universities in that subject area.
- Applicants are required to fill the information through online application process. Requests for amendment will not be entertained after submission of online application.
- Only females can apply for Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University, Quetta.
- HEC may conduct scholarship test and/or interview for shortlisting. The candidates will be informed about test/interview via email.
- Applications will be processed on the basis of online data / information provided by the applicants. In case any information is found to be untrue/ misrepresented at any stage; the application will be rejected.
- Scholarships for National Institute of Science & Technical Education (Skill University), Islamabad will be awarded only to those candidates who will obtain registration as “Graduate/Professional Engineering Technologist” with National Technology Council (NTC), Pakistan.
- Candidates who are not faculty member already, will go through the selection process independently carried out by the respective University.
- Successful scholars will be appointed without pay & allowances till completion of their studies. The emoluments will start once they join the sponsoring university after successful completion of the studies abroad.
- In-service applicants and faculty members at universities; other than those mentioned in this advertisement, will also go through same selection procedure as explained above; in case they are considered for award of scholarship.
- Award of scholarship will only be confirmed after faculty appointment and grant of study leave as per rules of the University.
- Candidates will have to secure admission in the international universities/ countries with whom HEC has agreement. For further detail about countries/international universities please visit https://hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/Guidelines/Pages/ default.aspx.
- Awardees will have to execute a bond with HEC and respective university to serve the same university for 5 and 3 years after completion of PhD and MS studies respectively. No request for change of University for the purpose of service bond will be entertained in any case.
Enter your CNIC (without dashes) to View Result CNIC (without dashes)INITIALLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES UNDER THE OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP FOR PHD IN SELECTED FIELDS PHASE-III