Applications are invited from candidates domiciled in Punjab, possessing the following qualifications as prescribed in the Punjab Judicial Service Rules. 1994 for appointment against the vacant posts of Additional District & Sessions Judges (BS-20) on temporary basis likely to become permanent. Recruitment of Additional District & Sessions Judges Advertisement No.01/2020
Candidate applies online on website www.lhc.gov.pkPlease enter your mobile number and password. Register if you don’t have an account.
LAHORE HIGH COURT, LAHORE ADVERTISEMENT NO. 01/2020 (R&E)
Lahore High Court Jobs 2020 AdvertisementThe examination will commence w.e.f. 2nd April 2020.
(1) An advocate who possesses a degree in Law from a recognized university entitling him/her to practice the profession of law or is a Member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland;
(2) A practicing advocate of the Lahore High Court and the Courts subordinate to the Lahore High Court with the minimum practice of ten years (ten years practice as an advocate shall be counted from the date when the advocate became a registered member of any Bar Association under Rule 7.10 read with Rule 7.12 of The Punjab Legal Practitioners and the Bar Council Rules, 1974).
Not less than 35 years and not more than 45 years of age as on 25th February 2020.
BS-20 plus admissible allowances.
1. Three percent (3%) quota reserved therein for disabled persons as envisaged by Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) Ordinance, 1981 as amended by Section 2 of the Punjab Disabled Persons (Employment and Rehabilitation) (Amendment) Act, 2015.
2. Five percent (5%) reserved for minorities in the light of Government of the Punjab Notification No.SOR-III(S&GAD)1-35/93, dated 27.03.2010.Candidates securing 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in aggregate shall
be considered to have passed the written examination.After passing the written examination, candidates shall undergo a compulsory
Psychological and Aptitude Test.The report of the Psychological and Aptitude Test (without awarding any marks)
shall be placed before the Interview Committee for consideration at the time of
The written examination shall consist of eight papers. Candidates shall answer all
papers in English except Paper VII, Urdu. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3
hours. The subjects and maximum marks allocated to each paper shall be as under:-
|V.||Constitution and High Court Rules & Orders||100|
– Candidates who qualify written examination shall be called for Interview.
– Those who secure 50% marks (150 out of 300 marks) in the interview shall be
considered for appointment
1. The date sheet and place of examination will be intimated to the eligible candidates
through press, official website, call letters, SMS and e-mails.
2. In case of concealment of facts, false information or misstatement made by any
candidate in any document is found, the Lahore High Court reserves its right to
cancel the candidature at any stage, even after appointment. Such
concealment/misstatement shall lead to proceedings against the said candidate
under the Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act, 1973, or criminal
prosecution under the Pakistan Penal Code, 1860 and shall forfeit his/her right to
appear in this or subsequent examination(s) or to remain in service.
3. Online prescribed application forms are available on official website of Lahore High
Court, Lahore i.e. www.lhc.gov.pk.
4. Candidates are required to deposit non-refundable examination fee of Rs.5,000/-
(rupees five thousand only) online in any branch of MCB bank situated within the
province of Punjab in MCB Bank Lahore High Court, Lahore Branch Gold Saving
Account no.0785503341001134 titled ‘Human Resource-District Judiciary’ and
fill in online prescribed application form. After taking print thereof, the candidates
are required to forward application form to the office of the undersigned alongwith
original fee deposit slip.
5. The online application form alongwith hard copy and relevant documents must be
dispatched to the office of the undersigned on or before 25th February 2020. No
hard copy of the online application shall be accepted, thereafter.
6. The attested copies of the following documents must be attached with the hard
copy of the application form:-
a. All educational certificates.
b. Domicile certificate.
c. Computerized national identity card.
d. Enrolment certificate as an advocate of lower courts issued by Punjab Bar
e. Enrolment certificate as an advocate of High Court issued by Punjab Bar
f. Membership certificate issued by President District/Tehsil Bar Association,
mentioning the date of membership.
g. Membership certificate issued by President, High Court Bar Association.
h. Prescribed Experience Certificate as an advocate for ten years practice
duly signed by the concerned President, District Bar Association, stating
the date when the candidate acquired the membership of the Bar
Association and duly countersigned by the concerned District and Sessions
i. Prescribed Character Certificate from the President District/Tehsil Bar
Association duly countersigned by the concerned District & Sessions
Page 4 of 4
j. Appointment letter in case of a Government Employee as mentioned in the
Punjab Judicial Service Rules, 1994.
k. Experience certificate in case of full time prosecutors, issued by the
l. Five latest passport size attested photographs (one from the front and four
from the back side) by a government officer of BS-17 or above who should
give his/her full name, designation, affix his/her official stamp and
signatures. The said photographs shall be submitted in a small sized
m. A disabled applicant should provide a Disability Certificate issued by the
Competent Disability Board showing suitability/fitness of the applicant for
the subject post as provided under the Disabled Persons (Employment and
Rehabilitation) Ordinance, 1981.
7. Attachment of enrollment & membership certificates of District Bar Association
and High Court Bar Association is compulsory under rule 7(1)(b)(i) of the Punjab
Judicial Service Rules, 1994.
8. Incomplete applications will be rejected summarily. No deficiency shall be
permitted to be made up after last date for submission of online application forms.
9. Experience shall be counted from the date of membership of a Bar Association
under rule 7.10 of the Punjab Legal Practitioners and Bar Council Rules, 1974.
10.District Attorneys, Deputy District Attorneys, Assistant District Attorneys, full time
prosecutors authorized to conduct prosecution on behalf of the government shall
apply through proper channel.
11.No age/experience relaxation shall be granted under the rules.
12.Applications without original bank deposit receipt shall be rejected summarily.
13.Candidates having enrollment with Islamabad Bar Council having Punjab domicile;
and evidence of ten years practice at the Lahore High Court, Lahore or its
subordinate courts are allowed to appear in the Competitive Examination for the
posts of Additional District & Sessions Judges.
14.The applicants shall be governed by the rules, regulations, policy and decisions
made by the Lahore High Court, Lahore from time to time.
15.The candidates can submit requests for recounting/rechecking of their paper
within 15 days after the declaration of written examination result on payment of
Rs.2000/- as fee each paper.
16.The answer books of the examination shall be disposed of after three months from
the date of declaration of final result. No representation/application of any kind
shall be entertained thereafter.