Mehran University Admission PhD & Master’s Degree Programs Spring 2017
Mehran University of Engineering and Technology is committed to raise the research quality by employing PhD’s in conventional fields as well as in emerging areas of Engineering, Science and Technology. In this context, Mehran University is fortunate to have wealth of resources of high quality faculty members, working on innovative ideas and publishing research papers in impact factor journal, in addition to production of quality PhDs every year in Engineering and Technology. As a research oriented university, we now have substantial population of postgraduate students.
The University offers various study and research programs (PhD, M.Phil. leading to PhD, M.Phil. and ME/MS/MBA/M.CRP/M.ARCH)in the following disciplines:
1. Applied Mathematics
2. Chemical Engineering
3. City and Regional Planning
4. Civil Engineering
5. Coal Engineering
6. Energy Systems Engineering
7. Construction Management
8. Metallurgy and Materials Engineering
9. Industrial Engineering and Management
10. Manufacturing Engineering
11. Mechanical Engineering
12. Structural Engineering
13. Mining Engineering
14. Geotechnical & Highway Engineering
15. Textile Engineering
Eligibility for PhD Degree Programs
Minimum qualification for admission in PhD degree program shall be 1st Class (60% marks) or minimum 3.0 CGPA (out of 4.0) Master’s degree (6 years university education) in the relevant field from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university or degree awarding institute.
ETS GRE subject test 60% percentile Score or 60% Cumulative Score in NTS GAT subject test.
In fields where ETS GRE / NTS GAT subject test is not available, GRE subject type test will be conducted by Mehran UET approved committee and minimum qualifying Score is 70%.
M.Phil. leading to PhD Degree Programs
Minimum qualification for admission to M.Phil leading to PhD Degree programs shall be 1st Class (60% marks) or minimum 3.0 CGPA (out of 4.0) Bachelor’s degree (4 years university education) in the relevant field from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology or an equivalent qualification from a recognized University or degree awarding institute.
50% Cumulative Score in NTS GAT (General) or 50% Marks in GAT type test Conducted by the University for Master’s Program.
Candidates seeking admission in a post-graduate programme at Mehran University may apply ONLINE by logging in at http://muet-admissions.comProcedure for online applications is given on the same website. Those who want to apply manually can obtain Admission Form from the office of the concerned Directorate on any working day up to the closing date on the payment of Rs. 2500/- through Habib Bank Limited, Mehran University Booth.
1) M.Phil leading to PhD & Ph.D candidates are required to submit copy of research proposal/statement of purpose (SOP) along with application form.
2) For admission in Engineering Programs, Registration of PEC is mandatory.
3) Final Year Final Term/Semester students waiting for result are also eligible to apply for admission to M.E/M.CRP/MBA/MS/M.Phil&M.Phil Leading to PhD Degree Programs subject to pass in all courses as per rules. For more details, please visit university website www.muet.edu.pk or contact the concerned director/co-director.