Islamia University of Bahawalpur (IUB) Online M.Phil/MS/MSc & PhD admission 2015
Islamia University of Bahawalpur has opened Online M.Phil/MS/MSc (Hons) & PhD Admissions for Fall Semester 2015.
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur invites applications on online prescribed forms for admission to MPhil/MS/MSc (Hons) and PhD programs under semester system. Following programs are beingoffered.
MPhil/MS Regular Programs
Arabic, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, MS Biotechnology, Computer Science & IT, Inorganic Chemistry, Education,
Geography, History, MBA 2 years (after 16 Years of Business Education), Education Training (with Specialization in Educational Leadership and Management), Media Studies, Organic Chemistry, Pakistan Studies, Persian, Pharmacology, Pharmacy Practice,Physical Chemistry, Phvtomedicine, Political Science, Siraiki
- MPhil Programs under Distance Education
Arabic, Education, Education Training (with Specialization in Educational Leadership and Management), History, Islamic Studies,Media Studies, Pakistan Studies, Persian
University College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences MSc (Hons) Programs
(I) MSc (Hons) Agronomy (ii) MSc (Hons) Entomology (iii) MSc (Hons) Forestry/MPhil Forestry/MPhil Wildlife (iv) MSc (Hons)Plant Breeding & Genetics (v) MSc (Hons) Soil Science
PhD Regular Programs
Arabic, Analytical Chemistry, Agronomy, Biochemistry, Computer Science & IT, Education, Entomology, Forestry, Library & Information Science, Media Studies , Organic Chemistry, Pakistan Studies, Persian, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Physical Chemistry, Physics, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Political Science, Soil Science, Statistics
PhD Distance Education Program
Arabic, Education, Pakistan Studies, Persian
Eligibility: Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
(i) Master Degree (sixteen years of education or equivalent) at least with second class in annual system or 2.50 CGPA in semester system (in relevant subject or major subject) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
(ii) Valid GAT (General) result conducted bv NTS with a minimum 50 marks
iii) In addition to GAT (General), subject test will also be conducted by the respective department for admission to MS Biotechnology
(Department of Biochemistry & Biotechnology) MPhil in Analytical Chemistry, Bio Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic
Chemistry, Physical Chemistry (Department of Chemistry) on the day of interview
- iv) Those who have not already qualified the GAT (General) will have to appear in IUB Special GAT-General test to be
conducted by NTS on 16″’ August, 2015.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
i) MPhil/Eighteen years of education or equivalent (in relevant subject) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan with at least 3.00 CGPA in semester system or 65% marks in case of annual system
ii) The candidates should have qualified GRE (International) subject (where applicable) with 60% percentile or GAT subject conducted by NTS with 60% cumulative score before admission.
iii) No special GAT subject for admission in PhD will be arranged by the university.
Last date for submission of online MPhil/PhD admission forms on IUB Website
Last date for submission of online GAT (General) forms on NTS Website
IUB Special GAT-General (for MPhil/MS/MSc (Hons)
Interview in the respective departments
Display of 1“ merit lists in respective departments and University Website
Last date for deposit of fees and dues of T’ merit list
Display of 2’Kl merit lists in respective departments and University Website
Last date for deposit of fees and dues of 2”d merit list
Commencement of classes
Friday, 7,b August, 2015
Friday, 7’h August, 2015
Sunday, 16″‘ August, 2015
Thursday, 20th August, 2015
Monday, 24″‘ August, 2015
Thursday, 27’1′ August, 2015
Friday, 28’h August, 2015
Monday, 3T’ August, 2015
Tuesday, 1“ September, 2015
- Applicants are required to submit ON-LINE application form by the closing date which is 7″‘ August, 2015. Candidates should fill the online form carefully which have been given on the Islamia University of Bahawalpur website, www.iub.edu.pk
- HARD COPY of the ON-LINE application form is not required. Applications other than Online will not be accepted.
- Original Documents along with 2 photocopies sets will be required at the time of interview.
- Original receipt of Admission Processing fee Rs. 700/- will be furnished at the time of interview/written test without which candidates will not be allowed to appear in the interview/written test. It will be retained by IUB for record purpose.
- Only GAT (General)/Subject pass applicants will appear in Interview/written test as per schedule. No candidate will be informed about the date of interview/written test individually.
How to Apply Online
- Enter all the required Personal Information and get registered. Please remember your Email 1D & Password for future login.
- After completing registration, applicant will Ik able to fill in the admission application form, during this process the applicant is advised to
carefully provide the corrcct/lcgal information (Submission of false statement may lead to cancellation of candidaturc/admission and also to
- After submission of valid application form the system, will generate a challan form to be printed by the candidate.
- The applicant shall deposit Admission Processing Ecc on printed challan in any nearest HBL branches in all over Pakistan @ Rs. 700/- per
- Applicant can submit a maximum 9 (nine) application forms, one each for a different program from one registered account. However for every
application form applicant shall deposit separate application processing fee of Rs.700/-
- Applicant can login his/her registered account using email and password to edit/update his application form or to check the status of his/her
IUB Special GAT-Gencral
The candidates desirous of appearing in the IUB Special GAT-Gencral are required to apply online for IUB Special GAT-Gencral on NTS Website www.nts.org.pk
The IUB Special GAT-Gencral online Portal is available on N’l’S Website ww w.nts.org.pk
The candidate can deposit Rs. 1000/- for IUB GAT General through online bank deposit slip in the prescribed branches.
The candidate arc required to send the deposit slip of Rs. 1000/- to NTS, Islamabad on given address directly.
Roll Number slips for IUB Special GAT General can be downloaded from NTS Website w,ww’.nts.org.pk. Original CNIC is a mandatory requirement for IUB Special GAT-Gencral and it will be checked by the deputed staff for the verification purpose. Students will not be allowed to enter in the Examination center without CNIC.
The candidates who have already passed and having valid GAT (General) result card issued by NTS, need not to register for IUB Special GAT- General. For any query about the procedure of G AT-Gcneral, the candidates may \isit NTS Website www’.nts.org.pk.