Higher Education Commission (HEC)Overseas scholarships 2015-16
Islamabad: Higher Education Commission Islamabad Pakistan has started online registration for Overseas scholarships 2015-16.
Online applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani / AJK nationals for award of scholarships in the fields of Engineering and Technology for Masters leading to PhD and direct PhD degree programme
List of Eligible Countries / Universities
Any University in Germany, Italy, Belgium, Hong Kong, Turkey, France, South Korea, China, USA, UK and Australia as Identified by HEC. HEC Overseas scholarships 2015-16.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Pakistani/AJK nationals.
- Candidates must have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of education for MS leading to PhD and eighteen (18) years for admission in direct PhD in the fields of Engineering and Technology.
- For Engineering Disciplines applicants must provide the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career.
- Maximum age on January 20,2015:
35 years for all others and 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector Universities / Colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations.
- Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before January 20,2015.
- Candidates who are already availing any other HEC scholarship (other than need based) are not eligible to apply.
Local GAT/GRE type Test:
- Eligible candidates who have appeared in the GAT (General) tests, conducted by the National Testing Services (NTS) and obtained 50% or above marks (accumulative test score).
- GAT (General) test score is valid for two years from the date of test appearance.
- The NTS test for subject scholarships is being held on January 25,2015. For participation in the upcoming NTS test, applicants can apply directly to NTS http://www.nts.ora.pk/. Candidates are required to submit a copy of NTS roll number slip along with hard copy of their application form.
■ All scholarships will be awarded on merit basis within provincial quota.
■ Candidates must have a final degree in a relevant field of study.
■ Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academics and GAT/ GRE type test score.
■ Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews by the relevant country’s team for award of scholarship.
■ The awardees will also have to execute a bond with HEC to serve preferably in an Institution of Higher Education for a minimum of five years after completion of their studies.
■ Candidates are required to make sure whether their field of subject is being offered in their choice of country / university.
■ Candidates are required to indicate the countries / universities of their choice in order of preference in the application form. HEC reserves the right to re-allocate any country/university to the candidates.
- Requirement for admission / visa for each country must be met by the applicant and will have to take admission himself / herself.
■ HEC reserves the rightto postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
Documents required with application:
The following documents are required to be submitted alongwith the printed copy of online application form:
- a) Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials including BS/BE/BSc, MS/MSc (in Engineering STechnology Discipline).
- b) Attested photocopies of CNIC and Domicile.
- c) Purpose of interest in higher studies (One Page).
- d) Copy of PEC Registration.
- e) Copy of GAT (General) / GRE (International) / IELTS / TOFEL score result card. In case of upcoming NTS test, copy of roll number slip may be provided.
- f) Research proposal, abstract (Applicants having 18 years of education).
- g) In-service candidates (Government Employees) need to apply through proper channel alongwith the NOC from their employer that if scholarship will be awarded, they will be released immediately.
- h) Advanced copies of application will be accepted, however NOC from the organization must be provided before closing date.
- i) Original Deposit Slip / Bank Draft / ATM transfer of Rs. 200/- as application processing fee in favour of Director General Finance, HEC can be deposited at Habib Bank Limited in Account No. 0112-00500119-01.
Disclaimer: Please note that the candidates may not be necessary placed in exact country / university of his / her choice and HEC decision will be final.
Apply online throuoh the following web-link: http://www.hec.gov.pk/hrdiUESTP
Last date tor receipt of applications: Printed copy of online application form completed in all respects should reach the
undersigned latest by January 20, 2015 through registered mail or courier service. By hand / incomplete (in any respect) /
applications received after due date will not be entertained.
Project Director-HRDI-UESTPs / UETs
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad