National council of homeopathy Pakistan Islamabad DHMS date sheet 2015
National council of homeopathy Pakistan Islamabad has declared date sheet of DHMS for the year 2015. National Council for Homoeopathy is a body corporate established under UAH Act 1965 to promote and popularize the Homoeopathic Education, to research in and to provide for the Registrations of the practitioners of Homoeopathic System of Medicines.
Pakistan Homeopathic Doctors Community (PHDC) wants to coordinate and build World of Homeopathic Community to bring them closer.
Homeopathic Medical System is officially recognized by Government of Pakistan. The system of training, examination, award of diplomas in homeopathy and registration of homeopaths is controlled by National Council for Homeopathy. The Council works under the Ministry of Health, Government of Pakistan and is responsible for formulating policies related with homeopathic practice, conducting examinations, approving new homeopathic colleges and registering the practitioners. To be eligible to practice homeopathy in Pakistan, one has to go through the following procedure:
1. Undergo for a 4 years’ intensive and full time training course that is “Diploma in Homeopathic Medical System (DHMS)” and qualify.
2. Undergo apprenticeship in a homeopathic hospital for six months to be eligible to get the Diploma.
3. Registration by the National Council for Homeopathy as homeopathic medical practitioner (RHMP), which is mandatory. In Pakistan, no one is allowed to practice homeopathy without this registration even if he/she holds the DHMS. Registration with the Council also makes a person eligible for the job of a homeopath in government hospitals in Pakistan.
Just to meet the demand of physicians in this medical profession relaxation of matriculates with science as minimum admission requirement is given. However UAH Act 1965 clearly states “Preference” for FSc (premedical) and those with higher qualifications for admissions. Course curriculum is similar and in some aspects is higher then Indian BHMS. Considering the curriculum it is therefore a course of preference for many MBBS, MSc and PhD students. After completing a course a person is eligible to use a title “Homeopathic Doctor”.
Government of Pakistan National Council for Homoeopathy Date sheet for D.H.M.S Annual Examination 2015
FIRST PROFESSIONAL DHMS
1. Homoeopathic Philosophy I
2. Pharmacy Theory
3. Pharmacy Practical
4. Materia Medica I (including their use in acute prescribing as well as the larger
Polycrests repertory work and how to find the appropriate remedy)
5. Anatomy Theory
6. Anatomy Practical & Viva.
SECOND PROFESSIONAL DHMS
1. Homoeopathic Philosophy II
2. Hygiene and Public Health
3. Materia Medica II
4. Materia Medica Viva Voce II
5. Physiology Theory
6. Physiology Practical
7. Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology I (home examination by college).
THIRD PROFESSIONAL DHMS
1. Homoeopathic Philosophy III
2. Gynaecology and Obstetrics
3. Materia Medica III
4. Materia Medica Viva Voce III
5. Pathology ,Microbiology and Systemic diseases II (GIT, Respiratory, Heart, Liver, Nervous etc)
6. Pathology Practical & Viva
7. Medical Psychology
FINAL PROFESSIONAL DHMS
1. Materia Medica IV (Comparative study)
2. Materia Medica Viva Voce IV
3. Case Taking & Repertorisation with Auxiliary measures. (Theory & Viva)
4. Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
5. Minor surgery
Radiology and X- Ray.
Genral and Local Anaesthesia.
Dentistry minor surgery and tooth extraction
Various examinations etc)
6. Homoeopathic Philosophy IV
House job: 6 months after completion of 4 years course.
Phone: 92 51 9243605
Address: Fazal Town-1, Airport Link Road,, Rawalpindi, Pakistan-46000